A Bromley Council course where you can learn about keeping your bike in good working order.
By keeping the group size to a maximum of 8 you will work together with fully trained and qualified cycle mechanics to improve your knowledge of bike maintenance.
The aim is to ensure that participants leave at the end of the course with the confidence to remedy common problems on their bike. There is a practical element to the course, so be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Diagnosing problems with your bike (‘M’ check)
- Tools of the trade
- Tyre pressure and wheel sizes
- Removing and replacing your wheels correctly
- Fitting a new inner tube without causing a puncture
- On the road emergency repairs
- Brake and gear adjustment
- Replacing your brake blocks and setting them to achieve maximum wear and braking power
- Cleaning and lubricating brake & gear cables
The course is based at the Mencap Lodge in Norman Park, BR2 9SX (nearest Hook Farm Road entrance). The course starts at 9am and finish at 3pm
Please visit the Bromley Council website to sign up