We are in the advance stages of assembling a programme of adult cycle training sessions which will be of interest to anyone who has got a bike, knows how to ride but has possibly lost or indeed never had the confidence to get out and use it. This course is not for a complete beginner, you will not learn to cycle with us, for that you will need to contact Lindsey Bryan, Cycle Officer, London Borough of Bromley.
Our programme will cover six sessions, at a time and location soon to be confirmed. There will be a modest charge to cover our costs.
The programme will be run on Saturdays at lunchtimes with each session lasting about I½ hours. It will be riding based with the emphasis being ‘getting onto your bike and doing some cycling’. There will be no classroom element but necessarily there will be some off bike instruction.
What does the course comprise of:
6 x 1½ hour sessions, the course is loosely based around the Go-Ride Gears programme.
- You will learn that cycling is safe.
- You will learn basic and advanced bike handling skills – although you may not end up quite as good as this ;-).
- You will pass your Bikeability Level 1 and 2.
- You will learn how to find bike friendly routes to the places you want to visit.
- We will take you on bike rides
- You will improve your health and level of fitness
- You will make some new cycling friends.
You can register your interest here