Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
The second meeting of the Tour de Penge Committee was hosted by Suzie Burns.
- Suzie reported on the progress of the arrangements.
- The ride will be the opening event of the Penge Festival on Sunday 7 June 2015
- Final of approval from Bromley Council is awaited. It is expected that this will be granted soon at which stage the ride can go fully public through various media releases
- A booking form will be developed and presented through a website. It is hoped that early online booking will streamline the registration process on the actual day.
- The ride will start at 10 am this year (an hour earlier than previous years).
- Bromley Council have committed a Doctor Bike (2 mechanics).
- Penge Festival Organisers to be asked to supply a support vehicle.
- At the end of the ride there will be a presentation of a certificate to the children at a modest event in Cator park
- Once event is approved there will be a Facebook Page.
- There is already a dormant Twitter feed which will be restarted.
- There will be a route recce during the fortnight leading up to the ride.
- Bromley Cyclist are asked to provide 15 marshals/guides. Anyone who is able to assist please email John (rides at BromleyCyclists dot org).
More info to follow