June Minutes

Bromley Cyclists – Monthly Meeting
9th June, 2014 – Minutes
8.pm – 10pm – Shortlands Tavern Function Room

Present: John Wood, Eve Evans, Derek Mark, Spencer Harradine, Linda Rampling.

1. Apologies for absence – Andrew Fergar, Karen Wrighton, Munir Boubeker, Peter Nemestothy, Richard Gibbens.

2. Approval of Minutes of last meeting – Approved JW

3. Financial Report – Eve reported no expenditure this month. Current Balance £277.17. Outstanding LCC invoice for Space for Cycling materials, approx.. £120.

4. Matters arising from last meeting
▪ Meetup – Andrew Fergar – As Andrew was unable to attend the meeting he sent in a report via JW. Andrew is happy to continue to fund Meetup via his additional entry allowance and will continue put rides on to it. It was decided it was a good idea to keep this, as an additional way of promoting rides.

5. Rides & Events
▪ Ride Report – 11 rides in May including a few new ones.
▪ Rides 2014 – More weekend rides needed together with more ride leaders. We will repeat Derek’s Murder ride later in the year as so much work had gone into organising it.
▪ Ride Leaders – payment for rides – this was discussed as a way of getting more ride leaders but declined as this is not the way we wanted Bromley Cyclists to run. If every ride leader committed to leading just 2 rides each summer we would have sufficient cover. Linda to arrange a ride.
▪ The Big Ride May 17th – feedback – although successful it was felt that the numbers were about half that of the last LCC event. It was also pointed out that considerable funds were directed to the policing/crossing marshals for this event.
▪ The Big Event (Bromley Cyclists) May 18th – feedback – hugely successful with around 350 riders attending.
▪ Park Run/Cycle – 24th May – feedback – Considered very successful as from the fairly low number of people who attended the bikeability after the cycle run, 5 then joined us for the 1st Sunday ride.
▪ Bike Week – 14th =22nd June – see LCC Cycle Event
▪ LBB Cycle event – 21st June – Spencer/John/Linda to attend. Maps, Cards and Starter Packs needed.
▪ West Wickham – 28th June – Linda to run. Maps, Cards and Starter Packs needed.
▪ Ravensbourne School Fete (Hayes Lane) 12-3pm 12th July – unable to attended due to Dunwich Dynamo on same date.
▪ Beckenham Green July – Mary Poppins – unable to attend due to Dunwich Dynamo on same date
▪ Led Rides Programme – update SW- Bikes have been adjusted by SW. Bromley College have taken the spaces for September and October. Discussion followed as to the time i.e. Wed pm and the fact that this might not be the best time for 1) Ride leaders and 2) clients. Payment was also discussed and some felt that this should be a voluntary position and funds received should be directed to Bromley Cyclists to help promote cycling. However, it was further discussed that we might not get the ride leaders coming forward if that were the case.
▪ Christmas Party – Wed 17th Dec – everyone to come up with an idea before the next meeting.

6. Space for Cycling Campaign
• Space for Cycling
• result – report – LCC are updating their records to show the candidates who are supporting
• review + LCC feedback – we will ask for feedback from our campaign helpers
• next steps- we need to review the emails we received and respond/follow up to the candidatesd

7. Travel, Transport & Infrastructure
• Adopt Polhill
1. contact Sustrans
2. site inspection with Sustrans
3. contract
4. dates
We discussed the idea of getting permission to get a group of people together to help clear Old Polhill before it becomes too difficult to cycle down. It was decided firstly to contact Sevenoaks Council to see if this is something they would consider doing. – Spencer to action

8. AOB
• Facebook – We do keep getting people join who just want to use the site to advertise their businesses/services. This is becoming a nuisance. Spencer suggested we are a little more fussy about who we allow to join.
• Spencer has had an email from Jo Luff re Vinci Park who are offering 2 bikes to us. Discussion followed.

Next meeting 14th July, 2014 – Shortlands Tavern

Bromley Cyclists – Monthly Meeting

9th June, 2014 – Minutes

8.pm – 10pm – Shortlands Tavern Function Room

 Present: John Wood, Eve Evans, Derek Mark, Spencer Harradine, Linda Rampling.

1. Apologies for absence Andrew Fergar, Karen Wrighton, Munir Boubeker, Peter Nemestothy, Richard Gibbens.

 2. Approval of Minutes of last meeting – Approved JW

 3. Financial Report – Eve reported no expenditure this month. Current Balance £277.17. Outstanding LCC invoice for Space for Cycling materials, approx.. £120.

 4. Matters arising from last meeting

▪   Meetup – Andrew Fergar – As Andrew was unable to attend the meeting he sent in a report via JW. Andrew is happy to continue to fund Meetup via his additional entry allowance and will continue put rides on to it. It was decided it was a good idea to keep this, as an additional way of promoting rides.

 5. Rides & Events

▪   Ride Report – 11 rides in May including a few new ones.

▪   Rides 2014 – More weekend rides needed together with more ride leaders. We will repeat Derek’s Murder ride later in the year as so much work had gone into organising it.

▪   Ride Leaders – payment for rides – this was discussed as a way of getting more ride leaders but declined as this is not the way we wanted Bromley Cyclists to run. If every ride leader committed to leading just 2 rides each summer we would have sufficient cover. Linda to arrange a ride.

▪   The Big Ride May 17th – feedback – although successful it was felt that the numbers were about half that of the last LCC event. It was also pointed out that considerable funds were directed to the policing/crossing marshals for this event.

▪   The Big Event (Bromley Cyclists) May 18th – feedback – hugely successful with around 350 riders attending.

▪   Park Run/Cycle – 24th May – feedback – Considered very successful as from the fairly low number of people who attended the bikeability after the cycle run, 5 then joined us for the 1st Sunday ride.

▪   Bike Week – 14th =22nd June – see LCC Cycle Event

▪   LBB Cycle event – 21st June – Spencer/John/Linda to attend. Maps, Cards and Starter Packs needed.

▪   West Wickham – 28th June – Linda to run. Maps, Cards and Starter Packs needed.

▪   Ravensbourne School Fete (Hayes Lane) 12-3pm 12th July – unable to attended due to Dunwich Dynamo on same date.

▪   Beckenham Green July – Mary Poppins – unable to attend due to Dunwich Dynamo on same date

▪   Led Rides Programme – update SW– Bikes have been adjusted by SW. Bromley College have taken the spaces for September and October. Discussion followed as to the time i.e. Wed pm and the fact that this might not be the best time for 1) Ride leaders and 2) clients. Payment was also discussed and some felt that this should be a voluntary position and funds received should be directed to Bromley Cyclists to help promote cycling. However, it was further discussed that we might not get the ride leaders coming forward if that were the case.

▪   Christmas Party – Wed 17th Dec – everyone to come up with an idea before the next meeting.

 6. Space for Cycling Campaign

result – report – LCC are updating their records to show the candidates who are supporting

    • review + LCC feedback – we will ask for feedback from our campaign helpers
    • next steps– we need to review the emails we received and respond/follow up to the candidatesd
  • Space for Cycling

 

  1. Travel, Transport & Infrastructure
  • Adopt Polhill
    1. contact Sustrans
    2. site inspection with Sustrans
    3. contract
    4. dates

We discussed the idea of getting permission to get a group of people together to help clear Old Polhill before it becomes too difficult to cycle down. It was decided firstly to contact Sevenoaks Council to see if this is something they would consider doing. – Spencer to action

 

  1. AOB
  • Facebook – We do keep getting people join who just want to use the site to advertise their businesses/services. This is becoming a nuisance. Spencer suggested we are a little more fussy about who we allow to join.
  • Spencer has had an email from Jo Luff re Vinci Park who are offering 2 bikes to us. Discussion followed.

 

Next meeting 14th July, 2014 – Shortlands Tavern

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.